Thursday, August 14, 2008

blackberries (thanks for reminding me Lily), tomatoes, make Willow sit still... Mickey and some cats... Roux found the chickens

I have some still from the video for today. The stills should be pretty high res and the video less to.

These are the important points: Beegee is good now, but rather than being nervous, she is completely jealous of attention. If we pet another dog, she goes after the other dog... No harm no fowl but it means we try to keep her by herself when we're around. That's a new one (700 dogs, never saw that before).

Allie is fine.

Willow got a small cut: i don't know how. I put hydrogen peroxide on it and now she chews it. I don't have a collar to put on her head but if she keeps up I will buy one when I go to town in a minute. It's a nothing little scratch, unless she chews it open.

Duece, Maggie and Mingus go with me to vegetable inventory.

Peter seems to have hurt his leg on a walk. I mean, he pulled a muscle or something. Between his heavy breathing and his leg, he's going to have a quiet few next days. Maybe he can sit in the recovery room with Mickey.

Lily eats blackberries. She's right, they're great and I should go pick them when I'm done with this.

Charlie is quiet. I'm pretty sure he came with the other small dogs on a walk but since I can't hear him, maybe not. Anyway, he's fine.

Since Tizoc went home I haven't found the right companion for Lela.

Mickey is so friendly, he even likes cats. His testicle sack, now empty, was a little swollen. I made him sit in a small area for two days, with either Duece or Gus to keep him company, as he needs company, but I guess I should have gone for three days. So I started him on antibiotics in case he burst a blood vessle... my dog had the same after castration and healed fine, but we are monitoring. He's as sweet as can be: I can't believe he was in the shelter a week ago. He has had quite a week. I guess he figures this here is his new life. Anyway, he loves cats and can't stand to be alone, so his people should get him another dog, a cat, work from home, or take him to work.

My kids showed up at the end there very stylishly dressed. Shannon was here doing dogs in the AM but she's not in the video. Shy I guess.

Just about every dog should be in here if you stick with it.






glencadia dog camp august 14 - kewego
glencadia dog camp august 14 - kewego

glencadia dog camp august 14 - kewego
see glencadia.blogspot.com
Keywords: dog cat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's Gus?

carly said...

yeah, willow is pretty persistent about dumb stuff like that.

Sadly the e-collar only stays if it's well attached to her collar, otherwise she will slip out of it.

Where is the cut? If it is on a leg, wrapping the whole leg in gauze/tape works. It's overkill, but it keeps her from getting to the cut.

Yamila

carly said...

yeah, willow is pretty persistent about dumb stuff like that.

Sadly the e-collar only stays if it's well attached to her collar, otherwise she will slip out of it.

Where is the cut? If it is on a leg, wrapping the whole leg in gauze/tape works. It's overkill, but it keeps her from getting to the cut.

Yamila