Sunday, August 28, 2011

this river is called our driveway

Bean field or rice paddy?

everyone fine

As intended, I got up at 5 and did water, cleaning and food before the winds picked up. In fact, there was no wind. Rain isn't really a problem: nothing here to flood except my basement and that has never happened in 7 years here. So all the dogs are fine, got to go out (covered area outside if they don't like to get wet and some DO like to get wet)... they had breakfast and everything is clean. They can still go out if they want -- I'll close the yard if the wind picks up. Right now, this is just a lot of rain. No leaks. No problems. No fences blowing over.

I know we will be making a lot of changes in terms of drop off and pick up due to cancelled flights and wet road and stuff. We'll be in touch and see how things look here after the peak and after I get in all the emails about people not being home, etc...

All the dogs are fine. We are fine. Dogs that can't go home due to flight delays can stay here as long as needed.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

storm hour by hour

I use this to figure out when and if the dogs can go outside tomorrow.

It looks like it gets bad at 2AM and stays bad until 5PM. The peak storm is 2 pm.

videos from the last few days

Hopefully, I'm not posting the same videos over again. Storm coming. I'll go out and secure stuff. Good luck everyone.

Baby goats born yesterday. Also, got some moisture under the lens of one camera: it's not that foggy here!

More video after the storm.

Untitled from glencadia on Vimeo.

Untitled from glencadia on Vimeo.