Wednesday, August 29, 2007

32 dogs and not a bark or a whine all night... then a howl... and new idea: RADIO for dogs...

Last night it was so quiet out there in the barn I didn't want to even open the door to do there beds and the whole evening routine. No sound. But I did, and they did make noise again but I left the yard open and let them go out whenever they wanted all night because it was so quiet. At about 6 am someone started howling but until then, despite the terrific bright full moon on a crystal clear perfect night, no one barked.

With 32 dogs, that's pretty unlikely.

So here is some of what happened: I've been calling Kola the wrong name. Now I got it. And Luna, we had two Lunas and now only one. They're both happy as can be. Coco seemed to be comfortable in her new digs next to the house -- but then she decided to bark yesterday afternoon and wouldn't come to me at all, so I sent my wife in and made nice-nice. Now we're good again and she's not dodging me anymore.

Molokai Moki Duece Lela and Mingus are all together... Maybe that's 6490 and before I let Lela in that room... they have 2 rooms and 2 yards.

Vern trained Malaki to stay... he's actually very trainable. I didn't get video of that. When does he go home anyway?

Genji stepped on something a limped for a minute or two... he's fine. He's lost weight up here over the past months so we're making sure he eats 2 times a day and as much as he wants. Maybe too much excercise? Maybe worms? His health his otherwise excellent. He's been up here for a long time with no de-wormer... Hey, Hilon, should I do a worm test?

Wellington is not supposed to be in general cirriculation but he seemed to like it. I took him back out of there. I told them not to put him with the others, he's unpredictable, but he loved it... and did fine. So I was wrong.

Gila is good at sneaking out when we open the door. She runs right to my son. That's in the video.

My neighbor set some traps in the woods on the way to the hay bales without telling me . He's a farmer, catching ground hogs (more death per pound for tomatoes or watermellows than beef), but I was pretty shocked when I saw them... so that field's out of comission until we talk about the situation.

No way can I do this blog on a Tuesday. I am wiped out from a busy Monday run to the city.

The weather is perfect, the dogs get alond incredibly right now... it's spectacular. I think because there were only 3 newe dogs on Monday, the group really knows each other now and they are all used to the routine and just comfortable. If you were here right now, you would not believe that there are any dogs here.

Check this link (cut and paste into a new browser window) and read comments below. Choose the file size and format you prefer in the folder below:

http://glencadia.com/videos/07august29

Okay, videos:

6487: ghenji and cloud head down the pine road from the barn to the horses, before ghenji tripped.. cloud always heads this way

6489: yard shot with all dogs almost. wiley and wellington, nice early light, moses yiping, stroll inside and see guys working

6491: oh, and innovation, new radio for the dogs: classical didn't work so they get classic rock now. i hated whatever grabage the classical station was playing. sappy druel.

6492: i hate this music, walking around the barn dog area

6493: out in the field reilly cedar roling, ghenji limps, cocoa, theo, wiley, ruby, others

6494: garabage run, zeppy, cocoa

6495: gila, ghenji, loading for dump

6496: son ollie with ghenji, gila and his puppy gustov

6497: more gila and ollie

6498: rosie red hanu daisy lola theo moses

6499: lola hanu red

6500: moses red theo lola hanu rosie NICE CLOSE UPS

6501: sadie coco

6502: sadie and coco

No comments: